Art Gallery Visit Responses:

In the Art Gallery there was a section to the far back on the first floor specifically for various works of pieces titled Shark Girl: Never Quite There by Casey Millard. The selections of work were all unique and artistic and their own right but I found the subject of a Shark girl to be highly disturbing. A sharks head placed on a child's body is peculiar enough but for him to use this as the focal point of so many pieces is a incredible strange.



Another piece I thought was impressionable was Vincent Van Gogh, La Maison de la Crau (The Old Mill). The piece is an oil canvas painting which was published in 1888 and I as soon as I glanced at the piece it had my attention. The painting was instantly recognizable as a work of Van Gogh and I really think it had tone that quickly aroused viewers attention.













Richard Anuszkiewicz's Convex, Concave 1 Dimensional is a work that was completely in 1967. The cube was created with  Lacquered playwood on a mirror base and has unique exterior gives audiences a distinct level of distortion as they glance at the subject and a more natural reality when looking at the mirror.






The next piece is George Segal's, Cinema illustration which was constructed in 1923. I found a connection to this piece not only because my interested in movies but the authors detail placement adding a bench into this display to give you the feel of a cinema and the addition of a person placing a rated r on the screen.






One of the largest paintings in the gallery I believe was Jason Pollack's Convergence, the work is an oil painting which was created in 1952. I found this painting to be obviously be quite eye snatching but i'm after reading the brief description along with the paintings details I wonder what influenced him to create this piece in the aftermath of World War II with such wide scale and how he felt the dripping process communicated his opinions about that.



Another piece I found quite stunning but left more to be desired was Kilroy by Paul-Feeley. The work is an oiled-based enamel on canvas with very strong tones, high saturation and a warm color temperature which are things i find enticing but I can't figure out what the artist is trying to communicate to the audience.



















Comments

  1. I really enjoyed seeing how you viewed these pieces. One in particular being Shark Girl. I personally loved Shark Girl, and felt that the whole point was to make the viewer feel how you felt. It's crazy how many different ways a piece of art can be interrupted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also chose the cinema piece. It's interesting that we have 2 different point of views on this. I thought this idea was cool but rather confusing. Also I didn't even notice that the bench was apart of the artwork. Mind blown...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing "Kilroy", and was intrigued by it as well. I could not identify what the artist was trying to convey with this piece either, and am curious to know. Also didn't realize the bench was a part of the piece either!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photos Reflection Journal

Module #7 Video Review