Module #7 Video Review
1. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
In The Science of Design film some of the key concepts that I grasped were influence of scientific factors on the construction of buildings i.e, wind, precipitation, gravity, etc. also the video discussed the evolution of a very significant substance used in construction, concrete. As for the Architecture as Art video some significant elements I discovered was Frank Gehry was a dynamic architecture from Canada who's style was varied and his work was very connected to him emotionally and this had a huge impact on his creations.
2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
Chapter 13 of the textbook discusses several different methods of construction and each play a role in architecture and I think one connection we see in The Science of Design film is the discussion of concrete both mediums make reference to concrete and its ever growing uses in architecture. Architecture as Art relates to the text through the work of Frank Gehry, in the video we see digital design discussed as a tool he uses as well as his adapting and apply new methods and materials in his designs as technological advances.
3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of Architecture?
I think that the The Science of Design film was different from the other videos we've watched and it viewing those discussion of the scientific influence on architecture was really astonishing. I found Frank Gehry: Architecture as Art, to be much almost equally fascinating the film was kind of long but Frank Genhry is really great architect who's passion and emotion in his work is instantly noticeable.
4. Why did you choose the films that you watched?
I choose the films Architecture: The Science of Design & Frank Gehry: Architecture as Art because I thought both films seemed to be approaching the artistic elements of architecture in a interesting and appealing way.
Comments
Post a Comment