Module Eleven: Video Review


1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
I selected the video Expressionism because I find its manifestation in art to be captivating and I chose Dada & Surrealism because its something new and unknown to me. 
2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
In the Expressionism doc I learned about the influence of Expressionism in several places during the 20th Century its various uses and interpretation among different artist of the time. In Dada & Surrealism I learned about the evolution of Dada to Surrealism and its popularity in Germany which change artistic creation in an impactful way.
2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
Expressionism in detailed breifly and is represented similarly in the doc about the subject. The text relates to the film Dada & Surrealism because of its connection to the subject which is discussed in chapter 19 more vividly giving an account for the nature of its history. 
3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
I thought both the documentaries were good films that gave an interesting insight  into their perspective subject as it pertains to art.  The Expressionism video gave me an important understanding of the text as it discussed the material looked at briefly in chapter 19 and emphasizes its influence on art thoroughly . The Dada & Surrealism added a much needed depth to the subject at hand as it grounded the movement and culture of the subject and detailed its history.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photos Reflection Journal

Module #7 Video Review