Reflection Blog
1. What were you expectations for this course and where they met?
Coming into the course I hoped to study artistic concepts, the history of various movements and to learn how art has and continues to evolve. I believed that I was able to see and learn all these things and I think that having this experience has definitely made me a better artist and a better human being.
2. Now that you've been through this course, What is art? How would you define it now compared to your intial posting?
Honestly I wouldn't define it much differently as I still see it simply as personal expression which can be reflected in many forms and mediums and I think that was my original point as well.
3. Who was your favorite artist in your original posting and who is your favorite visual artist now? If there is a difference, why do you think so? If you have the same favorite artist, why do you think so?
I initially put Christopher Nolan as my favorite artist as I didn't quite understand the question. Now I would probably choose Vincent Van Gogh I liked a lot of the work we looked at of his in class and I think his impressionist style can be compared to Nolan's visual approach in some ways as he has a knack for the abstract and subjective.
4. Now that you've completed this course, how do you feel about taking an online course? Is your answer the same as it was in your first posting? How is it the same or different?
After taking this class online for the semester I'm a little more balanced in my approach to taking an online course I know that you will still have to put in a significant amount of work in each week even with out physical classes and I know scheduling will be very important.
Comments
Post a Comment